Homemade banana ice cream is the easiest thing to make; and you don’t need a fancy ice cream maker machine, all you need is a food processor and a few ingredients. The words ‘healthy’ and ‘ice cream’ don’t usually go together in the same sentence, but in this case they do! For a dairy-free option, replace the yoghurt/cream with coconut cream or coconut yoghurt.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
SERVES — 3-4
PREP — 5 minutes + 8 hours freeze time
- bananas 3 large ripe, peeled and sliced
- thick Greek yoghurt ¼ cup
- vanilla essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- runny honey 2 tablespoons
- Place bananas in a dish lined with baking paper and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours until frozen hard.
- Thaw bananas for 5 minutes (this will make it easier to blitz) and place in food processor with yoghurt, vanilla and honey. Process until smooth and the consistency of ice-cream.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe from NadiaLim.com