These goats cheese balls are simply heavenly as an appetiser or use them as croutons in your salads
150g Goat’s Milk Cheese
1/4 cup Cornflour
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
Oil to Fry Grapeseed Oil or Sunflower Oil
Drizzle Manuka Honey
- Divide the goat’s cheese and roll into walnut-size balls. Continue until all the cheese has gone. Place on to plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place the cornflour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Roll the balls in flour, dip in egg then roll in breadcrumbs to completely cover. Place into the freezer until ready to cook.
- In a medium-size pot, heat 4cm of oil. Drop a crumb into the oil to test if it is hot enough for your goat’s cheese balls. If it turns brown in 20 seconds you are ready to go.
- Fry the balls a few at a time, for 1 minute or until golden. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon on to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve on a platter with a generous drizzle of Manuka Honey.
Recipe from nzhearald.co.nz