Need a good morning pick-me-up? Try this delicious Heartland Honey Granola.
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 cups quick cook oatmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oatmeal, wheat germ, peanuts and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Honey, brown sugar, oil, water, salt and vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour the honey mixture into the oatmeal mixture and blend well until dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread ingredients out on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven cool before serving.
Recipe from http://suebee.com/heartland-honey-granola/